- Safe, homelike shelter where families can stay together.
- Intensive case management by Network Director to assist in finding housing and jobs and meeting other needs.
- Securing long term housing.
- Cite the caring of volunteers as one of the most important benefits, “I never knew so many people cared.”
- Helping homeless families directly – to make a difference that can be seen and felt.
- Providing outreach within their own facility or a nearby location.
- A wide range of volunteer activities, schedules and levels of commitment.
- Families can volunteer together.
- Outreach within their own facilities, focusing on local community needs.
- Participation in an interfaith ministry
- Building community thru shared service
- Cost-efficient use of community resources.
- Prevents duplication of services within the community through collaboration with local agencies.
- Homeless are part of the community –not institutionalized.
- A catalyst for other community support initiatives such as job counseling, parenting workshops, money management, transitional housing, etc.